Since medical costs for animals continue to rise due to the new GOT emergency service, as well as ever newer surgical procedures and healing methods, we have tried to put together an overview of the best-known pet insurance companies here.
What are the most important pet insurance policies?
If you are the owner of a dog, cat, or pet such as a rabbit or guinea pig, you have probably considered pet insurance at some point. With one you can protect your wallet if your companion has to go to the vet or accidentally harms other people. Although the insurance covers you comprehensively, you only have to spend manageable amounts on it each month. Depending on which pet insurance you choose, the protection will only cost you a few euros per month. This can prevent unpleasant surprises, especially in cases of unexpected operations, which can quickly cost thousands of euros, even for dogs or cats.
But regardless of whether you want to protect yourself from high veterinary costs for your dog, cat or pets or just want a minimum level of coverage in case your animal harms third parties - always compare different offers in advance. For example, dog liability insurance can cost you 40 euros or 140 euros per year.
What pet insurance is there?
According to a survey, almost 36 million pets live in German households. Cats (over 13.7 million) and dogs (over 9.2 million) and pets (6.1 million) are particularly popular - source: Pet Supplies Industry Association .
Just as every owner and every animal is different, the types of animal insurance are also different. The following overview shows you which insurance companies are available and what they provide:
- Dog liability insurance: Pays for financial, property and personal damage caused by the dog to third parties
- Dog surgery insurance: Covers all costs that arise if your four-legged friend has to go under the knife
- Dog health insurance: In addition to surgery, it also covers general veterinary costs, for example for outpatient treatment
- Cat surgery insurance: If your cat needs surgery, the costs are covered as contractually agreed
- Cat health insurance: In addition to the operation costs, general veterinary treatment is also insured
- Pet health insurance: In addition to surgery, it also covers general veterinary costs, for example for outpatient treatment
Liability insurance – dogs:
Dog health insurance & cat health insurance
After finding unconvincing products on the previous insurance market that also insure old and pre-ill dogs and cats, we have finally found a partner (Smart Paws) with whom we sell pet insurance that is suitable for both older cats and older cats Offers health insurance coverage for dogs. For this purpose, we have created our own website where you can find comprehensive answers to the scope of services, costs and other questions:
Animal insurance for pets (rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas):